Google AdWords Now Requiring SSLs
If you use Google AdWords® to promote your website, Google might require that you secure your site with an SSL .
Effective May 17, 2011, AdWords customers need to make sure their sites are in accordance with three new requirements designed to make the AdWords marketplace safe, fair, and trusted.
AdWords new requirements include:
- Securing sites collecting payments and certain financial and personal information with valid SSL connections.
- Offering opt-out capabilities on sites collecting information for communication purposes.
- Posting privacy policies and disclosure information on sites requesting personal information.
The new AdWords policy requires the following information to be transmitted securely over an SSL connection:
- Credit and debit card numbers
- Bank and investment account numbers
- Checking account numbers
- Wire transfer numbers
- National identity, pension, social security, tax ID, health care, or driver’s license numbers
For more information about the new AdWords requirements, click here.
Comments are closed.