Transferring .UK Domain Names to Go Daddy
We have great news. Starting today, we’ll allow and support the transfer of .uk domain names to us!
The .uk transfer process is tricky. So, pay attention to the following information:
- The transfer fee is $0.00. That’s right, it’s free!
- The transfer does not include a free 1-year extension.
- You must request "tag changes" with your current registrar before you can complete the transfers.
Contact your current registrar and request a tag change. They’ll know what to do.
The .uk Transfer Process
The .uk transfer process requires communication with both your current registrar and us. To successfully initiate a transfer, you must do the following (in no particular order):
- Purchase a transfer for $0.00 with us.
- Contact your current registrar and request a tag change. The domain name tag should be set to GODADDY.
- Change the domain name tag first, then we’ll send an email to the domain name’s registrant email instructing you to purchase a transfer.
- Purchase a domain name transfer, then we’ll send an email to the shopper email instructing you to change the domain tag.
When both steps are completed, the domain name will transfer to your account with us immediately.
For more information about .uk domain names, see About .uk Domain Names.