Using Calendar with Android Devices
Sometimes it’s tricky trying to figure out how multiple applications — made by different vendors — can work together. For example, how the heck do you set an Android® mobile device to view Calendar events? Believe me, I tried a few workarounds before realizing the answer is pretty simple. Let’s step through the process:
First, you need to publish the calendar you want to view on your phone.
- On your computer, log in to Calendar and click Settings.
- Click Share Calendars, and then click Enable Publish URL.
- Click Copy to Clipboard.
Next, open the Google calendar associated with the Gmail® address your Android device is synced to.
- Below Other Calendars, click Add, and then select Add by URL.
- In the URL feild, paste the URL you copied for your published Calendar, and then click Add Calendar.
Now, you just need to sync your mobile device.
- From the home screen on your Android device, tap the App Drawer.
- Tap Settings, and then tap Accounts & sync.
- Tap your Gmail account to open the account manager.
- Tap Sync Calendar once to deactivate it, and then tap Sync Calendar again to synchronize.
And that’s it — you should now see your Calendar events in your calendar view on your Android device.
Click here for more information on setting Calendar up on third-party applications.