Accessing the Cisco PIX 501 Firewall Device Manager
NOTE: To launch the PIX 501 Device Manager your computer must use Java 1.6.0_1, which you can download here. You must disable all other versions of Java on your computer, as well.
To Access the Cisco PIX 501 Device Manager
- In a Web browser, navigate to: https://[your firewall management IP address]/
- You may receive a number of security certificate warnings. If you accept the certs and save them as "Trusted," you will avoid warnings in the future.
- Enter your User name and Password, and then click OK.
NOTE: Your browser must have Java enabled and allow pop-ups from your firewall management IP.
- The following windows will be launched:
- A browser window responsible for launching the Device Manager. This window may be closed.
- A browser window responsible for a portion of the Device Manager's functionality. This window must remain open.
- An application window containing the Cisco PIX Device Manager. Use this to manage your Cisco firewall.
Configuring Cisco PIX 501 Firewall Access Rules
Adding IP Addresses to Cisco ASA 5505 Hardware Firewall Device Manager
Simple Control Panel DNS Configuration with Cisco PIX 501 Hardware Firewall
Changing Cisco PIX 501 Hardware Firewall Passwords
Creating Cisco PIX 501 Firewall Graphs
Configuring Simple Control Panel DNS with Cisco ASA 5505 Hardware Firewall
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?