Adding Privacy to Backordered Domain Names
If you placed a domain name backorder and do not want your personal information listed in the Whois database if we capture and register the domain name for you, you can add Domains By Proxy® (DBP) Private Registration to the backorder for an additional fee.
If your backorder with privacy is unsuccessful, you can apply the Private Registration to any other backorder or request a refund from our support team.
For more information about DBP, see What is the difference between public and private domain name registration?
To Add Privacy to Backordered Domain Names
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the Buy/Sell menu, select Backorders and Monitoring.
- Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
- Click Privacy. The Update Privacy Option for Backordered Domain window displays.
NOTE: If you do not have available Private backorder credits, click Buy Credit. In the Domain Backorders section, for Select Quantity, enter the number of credits you want to purchase. For Backorder type, select Private Registration, and then click Add to Cart. Complete the checkout process, and then go back to the Domain Manager to continue.
- For Backorder type, select Private.
- For Select your Domains By Proxy® account, do one of the following:
- If you already have an account with Domains By Proxy (DBP) that you want to use, select it from the list.
- Create New — Select this option if you do not have an existing DBP account. DBP creates a new account for you, and then emails you the user name, password, and a link to the DBP website. Please retain this information for future reference!
- Other Existing DBP Account — If you have an existing DBP account that you want to use but it does not display in the list, select this option, and then enter your login information in the User Name and Password fields.
- Select I have read and agree to ... , and then click Next. Your private backorder displays on the Backorders and Monitoring page of the Domain Manager.
Setting up Domain Backorders
Backordering Your Monitored Domain Names
Canceling Private Registration for Your Domain Names
Retrieving Your Domains By Proxy Login Information
Updating Contact Information for Domain Names with Privacy
Changing a Backorder to a Different Domain Name
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?