How Do I Install Phorum on My Linux Hosting Account?
Your Linux hosting account must have a MySQL database set up for Phorum to install.
To Install Phorum on Your Hosting Account
- Download the most recent version of Phorum to your local computer.
- From your local computer, upload (FTP) the Phorum files to your hosting account.
- Edit "include/db/config.php.sample" so that it resembles the following, substituting actual values for those in bold:<?php
'server'=>'database server hostname',
'user'=>'same as database name',
- Save "include/config.php.sample" as "include/db/config.php".
- Navigate to the Phorum admin page, where "example.com" is your domain name:www.example.com/phorum-5.1.6a/admin.php
- While Phorum runs its admin script, click Continue when prompted.
- On the Creating An Administrator page, after the admin script has run, enter the Admin User Name, Admin Email Address, Admin Password, and the password a second time. The passwords must be an exact match.
- Click Submit.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?