Setting up a Domain Using cPanel's WebHost Manager
To set up a domain in cPanel's WebHost Manager, you must create an account. When you create an account in WebHost Manager, it automatically creates hosting and a zone file for a particular domain.
NOTE: Before you create an account, make sure that you complete the initial WebHost Manager setup process outlined in Setting Up WebHost Manager for the First Time.
To Create an Account in WebHost Manager
- Log in to WebHost Manager using root for your user name and the password you created when you set up your dedicated server.
- From the Main section on the right, select Account Functions.
- Click Create a New Account.
- To create a new account, enter your Domain name, UserName, Password and Contact Email. WebHost Manager automatically creates a user name based on the first 8 letters of your domain name.
- The other fields on this page are optional. You can use these fields to set many of the hosting preferences for your domain.
- When you finish adding your account information, click Create.
WebHost Manager displays a results page that outlines the creation of your account. If there are no problems, WebHost Manager displays Account Creation Complete!!! at the bottom of the page.
Accessing Your cPanel Email Account Using a Mail Client
Where can I find more information about cPanel and WebHost Manager?
Web Host Manager and cPanel Quick Reference Guide
Installing WHMCS on Your VPS
Getting Started with Your Linux Server Using cPanel
Setting up Nameserver DNS Using cPanel/WebHost Manager
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?