Adding FTP Users to Your Shared Hosting Account
Additional FTP users can upload and manage files in your hosting account. All of our Linux shared hosting plans and Windows hosting plans running IIS 7 let you create up to 50 additional FTP accounts. Once you create an FTP user, it should be available to use within 10 minutes.
To Add an FTP User to Your Hosting Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Settings section, click FTP Users.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Username for the new FTP account.
- Select the Access level for this FTP user. This limits the new user's access to directories in your hosting account. You can limit access to a specific folder, or allow access to all folders.
- Create and confirm the Password for the new FTP account.
- Click OK.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?