Viewing Premium DNS Audit Reports
Your Premium DNS account offers audit reports, which provide information about all changes to your zone files. From the Reports tab, you can view audit reports and export them as
CSV files for use with programs like Microsoft Excel®.
You can change the information that displays in an audit report by clicking Edit Columns. Click > and < to move the columns between the left (not displaying) and the right (displaying).
To View Premium DNS Audit Reports
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Premium DNS.
- Next to Premium DNS, click Launch.
- Go to the Reports tab.
- Click Audit. The audit report displays the following information for the first domain name in your list:
- Time — When the zone file changed
- Object Type — The type of DNS object changed, such as the nameservers or A record
- Object Name — The name of the DNS object that changed
- Action Code — The action performed on the DNS object, such as add or delete
- Result Code — Whether the action performed succeeded
- Remote User Type — The type of user that performed the action, such as customer or system
- Remote User ID — The user ID of the user that performed the action
- Remote IP — The IP address of the user that performed the action
- To view the usage report for another domain name, click Change. The Change Domain dialog box displays.
- Select the domain name you want to view a summary report for. To narrow your search, do one or more of the following:
- From the All My Domains list, select a folder of domain names.
- In the Jump to Domain field, enter a domain name.
- To scroll through the list, click the arrow icons.
- Click OK. The usage report displays.
- (Optional) To download a copy of the audit report as a
CSVfile, click Export, and then save the file to your computer.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?