Adding Deluxe or Protected Registration to Your Domain Names
You can add Deluxe or Protected Registration to the domain names in your account with us.
NOTE: Before you purchase Protected Registration, ensure that the registrant contact for your domain name has a valid email address in the Whois database. You must have access to the registrant email address to make future changes to your domain name or Protected Registration service. For more information, see Updating Your Domain Name Contact Information.
To Add Deluxe or Protected Registration to Your Domain Names
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
NOTE:These services are not available for all domain names. If we offer these services for your domain name's extension, the service displays and you can use these instructions to select it.
- Click Upgrade.
- Click one of the following:
- Protection — Protected Registration includes Domain Ownership Protection, Domains By Proxy® (DBP) private registration, and Business Registration, which keeps your domain name locked and secured, keeps your personal information private, and lists your business information in the Whois database.
- Deluxe — Deluxe Registration includes DBP private registration and Business Registration, which keeps your personal information private and lists your business information in the Whois database.
- Click Add, and then select one of the following:
- Create account — If you do not have an account, we create a DBP account for you. We send the user name and password in an email message. Please retain this information for future reference!
- Use existing account — If you already have an account with DBP, enter your user ID and password for the account.
- If you agree to the Domain Name Proxy Agreement, select I have read the Domain Name Proxy Agreement.
- Click Next.
- Click Checkout, and then continue through the checkout process.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?