Transferring .eu Domain Names to Us
You can transfer a .eu domain name to us. However, the transfer process is unique to the European Registry of Internet Domain Names (EURid).
When you purchase a .eu domain name transfer from us, we notify EURid of your request, and we will send transfer IDs to the email address on file in your account with us. We will also send the authorization code to the registrant contact's email address as it displays in the Whois database. (If you need to update your registrant contact's email address, contact your current registrar.)
You must authorize the transfer in your account with us within 40 days or your request expires. The sooner you authorize your transfer, the sooner it completes.
To authorize the transfer, you must enter the transfer IDs (transaction ID and security code) and the authorization code in the Domain Manager.
EURid charges a non-refundable transfer fee upon successful completion of the transfer.
To Transfer a .eu Domain Names To Us
- See Preparing to Transfer Domain Names to Us for important information about purchasing and preparing for your .eu domain name transfer.
NOTE: When you purchase a .eu domain name transfer from us, we send transfer IDs to the email address on file in your account with us and the authorization code to the registrant contact's email address as it displays in the Whois database.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In the My Account section on the left sidebar, click Domain Transfers. The Pending Transfers page displays.
- For the .eu domain name you want to authorize, in the Status column, click Authorize. The Transfer Details window displays.
- Click Authorize transfer now.
- In the Transaction ID and Security Code fields, enter the transfer IDs from the email we sent to the email address on file in your account with us, and then click Next. If you did not receive transfer IDs, see How do I change my admin email address at my current registrar?
- In the Authorization Code field, enter the authorization code we emailed to the registrant contact's email address.
- Select I authorize the transfer..., and then click Finish.
- Click OK.
For more information on the transfer process in general, see:Understanding Pending Transfers in the Domain Manager
Transferring Domain Names to Us
Troubleshooting Domain Name Transfers to Us
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?