Purchasing Domain Buy Service
If someone else already registered the domain name you want, one of our Domain Buy Service agents can attempt to acquire it for you. We cannot, however, guarantee acquisition of the domain name.
When you purchase our professional Domain Buy Service, we include an appraisal, and you work with your personal Domain Buy Agent to try to acquire the domain name.
As soon as the appraisal is complete, usually in about three hours, we contact you by email to remind you to establish a negotiation range for the domain name. Your agent cannot begin the process of contacting the domain owner until you have set your opening and maximum offer amount.
The Domain Buy Agent gives their best effort to contact the current domain name registrant over the 30-day term of the Domain Buy Service contract.
The agent also researches the viability of acquiring the domain name, including:
- Checking the domain name's current registration.
- Is the registration public or private?
- Who is the current registrant?
- Is registrant information current?
- Has the domain name expired?
- Is it currently in redemption?
- Checking if the domain name is currently listed for sale by the registrant.
- Checking if the domain name is listed for sale through an aftermarket service.
NOTE: We cannot directly contact the registrant of privately registered domain names. Our Domain Buy Agents follow the standard procedure of asking the proxy company, which provides the domain name's privacy service, to contact the registrant.
If the current domain name registrant is interested in selling it, the Domain Buy Agent negotiates the lowest possible selling price, up to the maximum limit you set. Offers are valid for 10 business days. You cannot cancel the offer during this negotiation period unless you are considering a counter offer by the seller.
If a sale is unsuccessful or the owner of domain name is unreachable, the Domain Buy Agent notifies you. At that time, you can choose to purchase a backorder for the domain name.
To Purchase Domain Buy Service
- Go to GoDaddy.com.
- From the Domains menu, select Domain Buy Service.
- In the Search for a domain name field, enter the domain name you're trying to purchase.
- Select the domain name's extension from the list, and then click Search.
- If the domain name is already registered to someone else, click Domain Buy Service.
- Click Add to Cart, and continue through the checkout process.
The sale might take a few minutes to process. As we contact the current owner and try to acquire the domain name for you, you can check the status in the Domain Manager. For more information, see Checking the Status of Domain Names with Domain Buy Service.
Selling Domain Names Through a Domain Buy Agent
Changing the Minimum and Maximum Offer Range for Domain Buy Requests
Checking the Status of Domain Names with Domain Buy Service
Viewing Your Domain Buy Service Domain Names
Which domain names are eligible for Domain Buy Service?
Domain Buy Service: A Buyer's Roadmap
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?