Installing Hosting Quick-Install Applications
Go Daddy Hosting Connection is an online shared hosting community through which you can install and manage many free value applications.
NOTE: We cannot provide application support after installation. For post-installation support, contact the application vendor through the website provided.
To Install Hosting Value Applications Through Go Daddy Hosting Connection
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- In the Popular Apps panel of the Control Panel in your hosting account, click Show All.
- From the Categories menu, click the category you want to view, and then click the application you want to install.
- Click Install Now. This button appears only when a compatible hosting plan resides in your account. For a subscription application, click Subscribe Now.
- Select the domain name you want to use and click Next.
- If the value application requires a database, enter a database description and password, and then click Next.
- Enter the value application installation directory. If you leave the directory blank, installation occurs in the root directory. To install the application on a subdomain, enter the folder you specified when you added the subdomain to the hosting account. If configuration information is required, click Next. Otherwise, click Finish.
NOTE: Windows® hosting accounts can only install applications in the root directory. If you need to see if your hosting account uses Windows, see What type of hosting account do I have?
- Enter configuration information, if required. Click Finish.
NOTE: For security purposes, we strongly encourage you to keep any installed Web applications up to date. For more information, see Upgrading to a New Version of a Hosting Quick-Install Application.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?