Setting up Your Email Account in the Email Control Center
After purchasing an email plan or receiving free email credits, you can set up custom email addresses using your domain name.
After completing these steps, your new email account and addresses should be ready to use within 90 minutes. You can log in at email.secureserver.net.
NOTE: To set up multiple email addresses at once for the same domain name, see Creating Multiple Email Addresses at Once. If you're using the updated control panel, called the Workspace Control Center, please see Creating Email Addresses in the Workspace Control Center.
To Set Up an Email Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Email.
- If you are using a free credit, next to the account you want to use, click Set Up. Select the credit's type and domain name you want to use, and then click Set Up.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Launch.
- If an option to add addresses or view all email plans displays, click View All to display all of your email plans.
- Click Add in the plan you want to use. The Create Mailbox window displays.
- On the Settings tab, enter or select the following for your new email address:
- Email Address
- Enter the first part, or prefix, of your new email address and either select a domain registered or hosted with us from the drop down list or enter a domain name that is registered elsewhere.
NOTE: The prefix cannot begin with a period, or be blank or contain spaces. It must contain only letters, digits, periods, underscores, dashes, and the characters plus, equals, or hash. You cannot use catchall as the prefix.
- Set Password
- Your password in Workspace Webmail for this address.
- Confirm Password
- Confirms the password.
- Space for this mailbox
- The amount of storage space for this email address.
- (Optional) Make this mailbox a catchall
- When email is sent to the domain for an address that does not exist, it will automatically be forwarded to this address.
- Click OK to complete email address setup.
For more information on advanced settings, see Working with Advanced Settings in the Email Control Center.
For information about setting up your email account to work with a specific email client, see one of the following help articles:
Making Sense of Email Clients; Desktop and Mobile
Managing Email Products
Creating Multiple Email Addresses at Once
Applying Additional Disk Space to Email Addresses
What does Pending Verification mean in the Email Control Center?
Updating Password Settings with Your Workspace Desktop
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?