Setting up Website Protection Malware Scanner
Setting up your Website Protection Malware Scanner account takes just a few minutes. If you host your website with another provider, you need to verify that you control the hosting account with additional steps provided in your account.
After you complete setup, allow up to 24 hours for results to display in your account.
To Set Up Malware Scanner
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Website Protection.
- Click Set Up next to the account you want to use.
- Select the type of account you want to use, and then click Set Up.
- Click X to exit out of the screen that informs you that the Malware Scanner was successfully added.
- Click My Account, and then Website Protection.
- Click Launch next to the account you want to use.
- If you don't have a hosting account set up in your account, enter the domain name you want scanned. Otherwise, select the domain name you want Malware Scanner to scan, or select Type in domain... to manually enter the name.
NOTE: If you manually specify your domain, you must verify that you control the hosting space with additional steps. After you complete setup, see Verifying Website Control for Website Protection Site Scanner for more information.
- Select a Scheduled Scan Time.
- Select your Time Zone.
- Enter an alternate address in Additional Emails if you want to receive notifications at an email address other than your account's contact email address.
- Select your email notification preference.
NOTE: We always notify you if a scan has warnings or critical issues, or if your scan or seal status changes.
- Click Save.
- Verify your set up details, and click Confirm.
Scans occur every 24 hours at the time you specified in your time zone, so you can view the results of your scan after that time.
For information on the difference between Malware Scanner and Site Scanner, see Understanding the Difference between Site Scanner and Malware Site Scanner.
Retrieving Your Website Protection Site Scanner Seal Code
Verifying Website Control for Website Protection Site Scanner
Viewing Website Protection Site Scanner History
Working with Open Issues in Website Protection Site Scanner
Adding a Website Protection Site Scanner Seal to a WordPress Site
Setting up Website Protection Site Scanner
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?