Creating Calendar Groups
Groups in Calendar are collections of calendars that display in the Calendar section, organized under a header, which is the group's name.
Groups can contain these types of calendars:
- Group calendars let you share scheduled events between numerous Calendar users. For example, group calendars work well for teams that regularly attend the same events. Only members of a group can schedule events for that group.
- Resource calendars are for your group's resources, such as facilities or equipment. Scheduling a resource for an event reserves it so others in your group can see it is in use. For more information, see Managing Calendar Resources.
Users can display or hide group calendars in their Calendar by clicking the calendar's name in the Group section.
To Create a Group
- Log in to Calendar.
- Click New Group.
- Complete the Enter Group Name field, and then click Next.
- In the Add Members by field, click one of the following options, complete the steps to add members, and then click Next:
- Email — Enter the Calendar user's email address, select whether or not to grant Admin privileges, and then click Add.
- Group — Select an existing group, select whether or not to grant Admin privileges, and then click Add.
- Domain — Enter a domain name, and then click Add. All users with email addresses at that domain are added as group members. When new Calendar users with email addresses at that dome are added to the same plan, Calendar automatically adds them to the group.
- (Optional) Complete the Enter Calendar Name field, select whether or not to allow group members to edit the group calendar, and then click Add Calendar. Repeat this process to add additional group calendars, and then click Next.
- (Optional) Complete the Enter Resource name and Description fields, select whether or not the resource is public, and then click Add Resource. Repeat this process to add multiple resources, and then click Save. For more information about resources, see Managing Calendar Resources.
Can I search for available time for my attendees when I schedule an event?
What is Calendar?
Why don't some of my meetings show up on my calendar?
What are the system requirements for Calendar?
Can I invite non-Calendar users to events?
Can I check responses to my meeting invitations?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?