Requesting a Premium Extended Validation SSL Certificate
Premium Extended Validation (EV) certificates have an extensive vetting process that starts with an in-depth application. It helps to have the following before you start:
- We need details about your business, such as registration number, incorporation or registration agent, and any relevant jurisdiction information.
- If you host on a dedicated server or with another provider, have the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from the server where the certificate will be installed. See Generating a Certificate Signing Request for more information.
NOTE:Allow about 15 minutes to complete the application.
To Request A Premium Extended Validation SSL Certificate
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Click Set Up for the Premium EV SSL credit you want to activate.
- Select the credit you want to use, and then click Set Up.
The newly activated credit displays as New Certificate. If you don't see it right away, wait a minute and then refresh your browser.
- Click Launch for the Premium EV SSL you just activated.
- If this is your first certificate, you must agree to the Subscriber Agreement.
- Click the Credits folder.
- Click Request Certificate next to the certificate you want to activate.
- Select the appropriate hosting type for your certificate:
- If you host your website in the same account, select Web Hosting, Grid Hosting, Website Builder, Quick Shopping Cart or Dream Web Site, and then select your domain from a list.
- If you host your website on a Dedicated server or with another provider, select Third Party or Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server (VPS) without Simple Control Panel, and then enter the CSR in the field provided.
- Choose your preference for the certificate issuing organization. For more information, see Using the Right Issuing Organization for Your SSL.
- Click Next.
- Complete the remaining steps about your organization by filling in the requested information, and then click Next.
- Complete the remaining steps about the person who is requesting your certificate, and then click Next.
- Confirm the contents of your certificate application, and then click Submit.
An EV specialist will review your application and help you submit additional documents. Depending on your business type, a combination of the following documents might be required:
- Certificate request signed by certificate requestor and certificate approver
- Signed subscriber agreement for all initial requests and changes to authorized signer
- Notarized personal statement attestation (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Notarized face-to-face attestation statement (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Notarized copy of the photo ID used for identity validation (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Verified legal opinion or certified public accountant letter, depending on results from other validation methods
What are the advantages of a Premium Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate for your business?
What is the difference between a Premium Extended Validation (EV) Certificate and a Deluxe SSL Certificate?
What is a Verified Legal Opinion or CPA Document?
Installing a Premium SSL Certificate
What Is a Certificate Requestor?
What Is a Subscriber Agreement?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?