What Is Included in Assisted Service Plan for my Virtual Private Server?
Assisted Service Plan covers the following categories of Virtual Private Server (VPS) functionality:
- Set up
- Set up includes initial server configuration, including operating system and control panel installation. Custom system administrative work can be requested at an hourly rate. Advanced server support is available at no charge.
- Monitoring of the system includes the server, network, and any services that reside on the server, including databases, Apache, and IIS. This is accomplished through ping monitors for server and network uptime, and HTTP monitors for website uptime.
- Backup and recovery
- Managed backup plans are not included with the Assisted Server plan. Also, custom backup scripts can be created at an hourly rate.
- Security scans
- Security scanning occurs monthly. Each scan produces a report that is viewed by hosting support. A list of corrective actions, if necessary, is compiled and forwarded to you. Anti-virus scanning is also performed on Windows servers, only.
- Official operating system patches, updates, and bug fixes are applied each Wednesday, starting at 11:00PM MST. If the likelihood of exploitation is high, a patch is applied immediately.
What does the Assisted Service Plan include?
Getting Started Guides for Your Assisted Service Plan Server
Do Assisted Service Plan Servers or Managed Hosting provide root or system access?
How Long Will it Take to Setup My Dedicated Server with Assisted Service Plan?
What happens to my server when I add an Assisted Service Plan?
What is assisted service plan for my dedicated or virtual dedicated server?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?