Using Our Email with Domains Hosted Elsewhere
To use our email when your domain name is hosted by another company, you must point your MX records to us. MX records are located in your DNS zone file and direct email messages that are sent to your domain name to your email provider. If your MX records do not point to your email provider, you cannot receive email.
Check your nameservers to find out where your DNS zone file is located and update your MX records using the information below. For more information, see Checking Your MX Record Settings in the Email Control Center.
Your MX records display in the Email Control Center.
To Find Your MX Records
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Email.
- Click Launch next to any email account.
- In the left navigation pane, select Domains, and then click Server Addresses.
Your MX records display. Provide these MX records to your hosting provider to use our email. Your zone file can take up to 48 hours to reflect the change.
For information about checking your email, see How do I retrieve my email messages if I manage my DNS elsewhere?
Use these MX Records for Hosted Exchange Email:
Before continuing, make sure you know which version of Hosted Exchange Email your mailbox uses. For more information, see Finding Your Hosted Exchange Email Version.
- Exchange 2007 — presmtp.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — presmtp.ex2.secureserver.net, presmtp.ex3.secureserver.net, or presmtp.ex4.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2007 — OWA.yourdomain.com pointed to mail.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — OWA.yourdomain.com pointed to mail.ex2.secureserver.net, mail.ex3.secureserver.net, or mail.ex4.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2007 — autodiscover.yourdomain.com pointed to autodiscoverredirect.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — autodiscover.yourdomain.com pointed to autodiscoverredirect.ex2.secureserver.net, autodiscoverredirect.ex3.secureserver.net, or autodiscoverredirect.ex4.secureserver.net
Applying Additional Disk Space to Email Addresses
Updating Your MX Records
Managing Spam Settings in the Email Control Center
Setting Up a Catch-all Email Account in the Email Control Center.
Editing and Deleting Email Forwarding in the Workspace Control Center
Applying Additional Space to Email Addresses in the Workspace Control Center
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?