Requesting a Deluxe SSL Certificate
Deluxe SSL secure certificates have an extensive vetting process that starts with an in-depth application. You need to gather some information before beginning, if one of the following applies to you:
- If you are filing as a corporation, we need details about your business, such as registration number, incorporation or registration agent, and any relevant jurisdiction information.
- If you host on a dedicated server or with another provider, have the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) from the server where the certificate will be installed. For more information, see Generating a Certificate Signing Request.
NOTE:Allow about 15 minutes to complete the application.
To Request a Deluxe SSL Certificate
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Next to the Deluxe SSL credit you want to use, click Set Up.
- Select the credit you want to use, and then click Set Up.
NOTE: The newly activated credit displays as New Certificate. If you don't see it right away, wait a minute and then refresh your browser.
- For the Deluxe SSL you just activated, click Launch.
- If this is your first certificate, you must agree to the Subscriber Agreement.
- Click the Credits folder.
- Next to the certificate you want to activate, click Request Certificate.
- Select your Business Type.
- Select the appropriate hosting type for your certificate:
- If you host your website in the same account, select Web Hosting, Grid Hosting, Website Builder, Quick Shopping Cart or Dream Web Site, and then select your domain from a list.
- If you host your website on a Dedicated server or a Virtual Private Server (VPS) with Simple Control Panel in the same account, select Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server (VPS), with Simple Control Panel, and then select your domain from a list.
- If you host your website on a Dedicated server or a Virtual Private Server (VPS) without Simple Control Panel, or with another provider, select Third Party or Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server (VPS) without Simple Control Panel, and then enter the CSR in the field provided.
- Select your preference for the certificate issuing organization. For more information, see Using the Right Issuing Organization for Your SSL.
- Select whether or not you want this certificate for an Intel® vPro™.
- Click Next.
- Complete the following steps based on your organization's information, and then click Next.
- Choose how you would like to validate the domain you are setting up for your certificate, and then click Next.
- Verify the accuracy of your certificate's content, and then click Submit.
A specialist reviews your application and, if additional information is required, contacts you through your account's email address. Depending on your business type, we might request additional documents.
For Deluxe Individual Certificates:
- Personal financial statements and a government-issued photo I.D.
For Deluxe Corporate Certificates, we might require one of the following:
- Business license
- Sales & Use Tax certificate (neither the number or the FEIN alone are acceptable)
- "Doing Business As" (DBA) documentation
- Fictitious name documentation
- Occupational Tax Certificate/License
- Non-profit organization tax exemption certificate
- Charter documentation
- Partnership agreement documentation
- Articles of Incorporation
What Is the encryption strength of your SSL certificates?
What is an intermediate certificate?
How do I install an intermediate certificate?
HTTP vs. HTTPS
Setting up a SSL for Intel vPro
What is the difference between a Deluxe and a Standard SSL Web Server Certificate?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?