Workspace Email Account Limitations
The following limitations apply to our Web-Based Email accounts:
- Incoming Mail Size — There is a 30MB limit per email message you receive. Messages larger than 30MB are rejected by our incoming server and a bounceback message is sent to the sender. There is no limit on the number of email messages you can receive.
- Outgoing Mail Size (SMTP Relay) — There is a 30MB limit per email message that you send using SMTP, including file attachments, which have a size limit of 20MB total. Messages larger than 30MB are rejected by our outgoing server and you are notified.
NOTE: The receiving mail server may have different size restrictions. Many mail providers and ISPs will reject mail larger than 5-10 MB.
- SMTP relays — SMTP relays let you send emails through our servers using third-party clients, such as Microsoft Outlook®. To prevent spam, we limit our email accounts to 250 SMTP relays per day. This lets you send 250 emails from your email address on a daily basis.
- Outgoing Mail Size — There is a 30MB size limit per email message, which includes file attachments. Meaning, your message cannot exceed 30MB in size, including accounting for the size of your file attachments. File attachments have a size limit of 20MB total.
- Number of Addresses — You can send messages to up to 100 total addresses per email message. Even if you are below your limit of the number of relays per day, a message is rejected if you specify more than 100 unique recipients.
- Number of Addresses — Web-Based Email does not limit the total number of messages you can send per day; however, there is a limit of 100 addresses on a single email message. The 100 addresses may be included in any combination of the To, CC, and BCC fields. If there are more than 100 total addresses, the Compose window shows an error and the message is not sent. You must revise the recipient list and then resend your message.
Counting recipients: Web-Based Email expands any distribution lists and aliases to their actual recipients. Any duplicate addresses in the To, CC, and BCC fields are removed.
- Address Book — You can add up to 10,000 contacts to your Address Book.
- Address Book Importing — You can import up to 2,000 contacts at one time to your Address Book.
- Distribution Lists — You can add up to 100 contacts to a single distribution list.
For our Hosted Exchange Email limitations, see Hosted Exchange Email Account Limitations.
Why does my email account show that it is Pending Setup: MX Error?
Why does some email I send get bounced back with the error message 553?
Why is my POP3 account not working with Windows Vista?
How do I prevent the phishing filter from blocking my email messages?
Why am I Getting the SMTP Error Message?
Why am I getting bouncebacks for messages I did not send?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?