Setting up Your Quick Blogcast Account
The first time you launch Quick Blogcast®, you need to enter some basic information, such as the domain name you want to use for your Quick Blogcast site.
After you enter the details for your site, you can design it with templates, modify its sidebar items, and customize its text. Once you publish your site, people can visit it and read, watch, or listen to your posts.
To Set Up Your Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Quick Blogcast.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Launch.
- Read the End User License Agreement, and then click Accept if you agree to it.
- Enter the following information:
- Email — Enter the email address you want to use for receiving messages related to your account.
- Display name — Enter the name you want to display in your posts.
- Domain — Select one of the following options:
- Create a new subdomain — Enter the subdomain prefix and select a domain name in your list.
- Select an available domain from your account — Select from a list of domain names for this account.
- Enter a domain not registered here — Enter the full domain name, such as www.coolexample.com.
NOTE: If you're using a domain name not registered with us, create a DNS entry with your provider. Your DNS entry should be pointing to our IP address: 126.96.36.199.
- Click Save.
After you set up your blog, we sent a username and password to the email address you entered. You can now update your author information or start designing your blog site.
For more information about working with Quick Blogcast, see the following articles:
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?