Moving Files Between Directories in the File Manager
NOTE: Before you start, click here to see which version of the FTP File Manager is in your Control Panel. This help article applies to the Classic FTP File Manager. If you are using the New FTP File Manager, see Moving Files and Folders between Directories in the File Manager
To Move Files between Directories in the File Manager
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Tools section, click FTP File Manager.
- Use the directory tree to navigate to where the file resides that you want to move.
- Select the file and click the Move button.
- Select the directory from the Root Tab into which you would like to Move the selected file(s).
- Click OK.
The file you selected will now be moved to the destination you selected.For more information, see Moving Directories Using the FTP File Manager.
What does it mean to host a domain?
Compressing Web Pages for Faster Load Times
Where can I find my customer number?
Can I edit my Web site's content without having to FTP?
Using the FTP File Manager in the Hosting Control Center
Editing Website Content Using the FTP File Manager
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?