Managing Post Settings in Quick Blogcast
Quick Blogcast® lets you specify settings that apply to each post you create, so you don't have to configure settings every time you add a post.
To Manage Post Settings
- Log in to your Quick Blogcast account.
- Click Quick Blogcast.
- Click Launch for the blog account you want to modify.
- From the Manage Blog menu, select Settings.
- Go to the Posts tab.
- You can edit any of the following settings:
- Editor — Formats your posts. You can select a Rich or Simple text editor. Rich text lets you to apply text formatting.
- Date Format — Formats your date and time display.
- Enable Automatic Excerpting — Creates an excerpt of your blog post. Excerpts are short snippets of your blog post that are used in trackbacks and RSS feeds.
- Excerpt Size — Specifies the number of words or sentences you want to include in automatically created excerpts.
- Default Comment Status — Assigns the status you select for new comments and trackbacks. Selecting Open lets others leave comments. Open is selected by default.
- Default Trackback Status — Assigns the status you select to all new comments and trackbacks. Selecting Open allows your posts to send and receive trackbacks. A trackback notifies you when another website or blog links to your entry. You can notify other sites if you link to one of their articles as well. Both sites need to enable trackbacks for proper functioning. In Quick Blogcast, trackbacks are enabled by default.
- Default Comment View — Displays either all comments or only pending comments on the Manage Comments page.
- # of Entries to Display — Sets the number of posts you want to display per page.
- # of Posts in Feeds — Sets the number of posts you want to display in feeds.
- Feed Types — Specifies the styles of RSS feeds you want to use.
- Maximum Feed File Size — Sets the maximum file size to use for your RSS feeds.
- Show Author Email in Feeds — Displays the author's email address in RSS feeds.
- Include copyright notice in feeds — Adds a copyright notice to your latest RSS updates.
- Add Comments Message — Display a message in the comments section of your posts. For example, notify visitors their comments are subject to moderation.
- Full Posts — Displays full blog posts instead of excerpts on your Quick Blogcast main page.
- Enable previous and next post navigation— Shows a Previous and Next link beneath a post to let site visitors navigate post-by-post.
- Gather User Feedback — Includes a survey for rating your post.
- Replace "--" with "—" in Entry Body — Automatically converts two hyphens (--) to an em dash (—)
- Enable Emoticons — Allows emotions in entries and comments.
- Share This — Lets visitors share posts using social media.
- Click Apply.
For additional information on working with your Quick Blogcast posts, see Managing Quick Blogcast Posts.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?