Importing a Domain Name's Zone File Records
From the Zone File Editor, you can import domain name zone file records from a third party. For example, if you want us to manage your domain name's DNS, you can import zone file records exported from your current DNS manager or import a zone file currently in use on a BIND DNS server.
The data format follows the BIND zone file format and RFC 1035. We do not support all BIND zone file features, and we only support the import of A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, TXT, and SRV record types.
To Import a Domain Name's Zone File Records
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
- For the domain name you want to import records to, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
- From Import/Export, select Import. The Import Zone Data window displays.
- Click Browse to locate and open the file.
- Select Import the selected zone file ... to acknowledge that importing will overwrite all existing zone records.
- Click OK.
Creating an SPF Record for Your Google Apps Domain Name
Checking Your Domain Name's Zone File Records
Editing Your Registered Nameservers/Hosts
Copying Zone File Records from One Domain Name to Another
Modifying .DE Nameservers
Checking the Status of Zone File Record Changes
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?