Adding Private Registration to Your Domain Names
Per our agreement with the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), we must add valid contact information to the Whois directory for each domain name you register. By purchasing Private Registration from our affiliate company, Domains By Proxy® (DBP), you can hide your personal contact information and display proxy information instead. Click here to see the difference.
Private Registration is available for many domain name extensions. However, some registries do not allow it. If the registry does not allow privacy, the Privacy tab is not available in the domain name's Upgrade section of the Domain Manager.
To add Private Registration to an expired domain name you won through GoDaddy Auctions®, see Purchasing Domain Names You Won.
To Add Private Registration to Your Domain Names
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Select the domain name(s) you want to add privacy to.
- Click Upgrade.
- From the Registration Options tab, select Private Registration.
- Click Add, and then do one of the following:
- If you already have a DBP account that you want to use, select it from the list.
- Create New — Select this option if you do not have an existing DBP account. DBP creates a new account for you, and then emails you the user name, password, and a link to the DBP website. Please retain this information for future reference!
- Other Existing DBP Account — If you have an existing DBP account that you want to use but it does not display in the list, select this option, and then enter your login information in the User Name and Password fields.
- Click Checkout, and complete the checkout process.
It can take 24 to 48 hours for the DBP information to display in the Whois database.
For more information about using your DBP account, see What can I do in my Domains By Proxy account?
Your message was successfully sent.