Third-Party Website Creation and FTP Documentation for Your Shared Hosting Account
Numerous third-party applications exist for the creation and/or uploading of files to your Windows or Linux shared hosting account website. To use these applications, you will need the following FTP settings on hand:
- FTP User Name
- The user name for your hosting account. For more information, see Finding Your Hosting/FTP Login or User Name.
- FTP Password
- The password for your hosting account. If you don't know your FTP password, see Changing Your Hosting Account (FTP/Panel) Password and Username.
- website URL
- Remote website Location or Remote FTP Host
- Depending on your FTP application, any of the following may be valid:
- Root Directory
- Leave blank or enter a subdirectory off the root.
For help with a specific FTP application, see the following resources:
Using Internet or Windows Explorer to Upload Your Site with Windows XP
Why would I need additional (File Transfer Protocol) FTP users?
Connecting to Your Shared Hosting Account with FTP-SSL
Using Windows Vista to Upload Your Site
I uploaded my files. Why isn't my website displaying?
Using Microsoft Expression Web to Upload Your Site
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?