Adding MS SQL Database to Your Windows Dedicated Server
To Add MS SQL Database to Windows Dedicated Servers
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Servers.
- Click the name of the server you want to use.
- Go to the Customize tab.
- Select the version of MS SQL Database you want.
- Click Checkout, and then complete the checkout process.
We offer three different editions of Microsoft SQL Server for installation on your Windows 2003 Standard Edition Dedicated Server. The right choice for your business depends on the size of your organization and complexity of your website or Web application.
Microsoft SQL Server Editions
- Workgroup Edition
- Workgroup Edition is the data management solution for small organizations that need a database with no limits on size or number of users. Workgroup Edition can serve as a front-end Web server or for departmental or branch office operations. It includes the core database features of the SQL Server product line.
- Standard Edition
- Standard Edition is the data management and analysis platform for small and medium-sized organizations. It includes the essential functionality needed for non-critical e-commerce, data warehousing, and line-of-business solutions. Standard Edition's integrated business intelligence and high-availability features provide organizations with the essential capabilities needed to support their operations.
- Enterprise Edition
- Enterprise Edition scales to the performance levels required to support enterprise online transaction processing (OLTP), highly complex data analysis, data warehousing systems, and websites. With comprehensive business intelligence, robust analytics capabilities and high-availability features such as failover clustering and database mirroring, SQL Server Enterprise can handle the most critical enterprise workloads.
For additional help choosing the optimal edition for your particular business situation, please contact Customer Support.
NOTE: MS SQL will be installed via ‘Add/Remove Programs’ on Remote Desktop. MS SQL can take up to 30 minutes to install (New versions can take 5-24 hours for installation)
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?