Exporting an Installed Code Signing Certificate from Firefox
Once you install a code signing certificate in your browser, you might want to export it from Firefox® to use elsewhere. For example, you might want to back it up, or use it on another computer. Here's how:
To Export an Installed Code Signing Certificate from Firefox
- In Firefox, click Tools and select Options.
- In the Advanced section, from the Encryption tab, click View Certificates.
- Select the certificate you want to export, and then click Backup.
- Enter the file name, and then, from Save as type, select PKCS12 Files.
- Click Save.
- Create a strong password, and then click OK.
Upon completion, you receive confirmation that the export was successful.
TIP: To use your certificate with other software tools, you might need to convert the exported PFX file to PVK and SPC files. See Converting an Exported PFX Code Signing File to PVK and SPC Files using Windows for information.
Sign Java Code
Converting an Exported PFX Code Signing File to PVK and SPC Files Using Windows
What is your time stamping server URL?
What issuing organization is right for my code signing certificate?
Code Signing Microsoft Office Macros and Visual Basic for Applications
Import a Code Signing Certificate into Firefox
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?