Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft IIS 5
After your SSL application is vetted and your certificate is issued, download and install all of the provided files. You must install all of the files on your Microsoft® IIS 5 Web server to complete installation. For more information see Downloading an SSL Certificate.
To Install Your SSL in Microsoft IIS 5
- From the Start menu, click Run....
- Type mmc, and then click OK. The Microsoft Management Console (Console) window opens.
- From the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap In.
- Select Certificates, and then click Add.
- Select Computer Account, and then click Next.
- Select Local Computer, then click Finish.
- Click OK to close Add or Remove Snap-ins.
- In the Console window, expand the Certificates folder.
- Right-click Intermediate Certification Authorities, mouse over All Tasks, and then click Import.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next.
- Click Browse to find the certificate file.
- In the bottom right corner, change the file extension filter to *.p7b.
- Select the appropriate file, and click Open.
- Click Next in the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse, select Intermediate Certification Authorities, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Close the Console window.
- From the Start menu, go to Administrative Tools and click Internet Information Service console.
- Right-click the website or host name for your certificate.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Click Server Certificate..
- Click Next in the Welcome to the Web Server Certificate Wizard window.
- Select Process the pending request and install the certificate, and then click Next.
- Click Browse. Select all files, and select your certificate file.
- Click Next.
- Verify the Certificate Summary, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Your SSL Certificate is installed. If you have problems, please see Using the SSL Installation Tool to help diagnose issues.
Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
Setting up a SSL for Intel vPro
Using the Right Issuing Organization for Your SSL
Retrieving Your SSL Site Seal Code
Recognizing Secure Certificates as Valid on Palm OS Devices
Protecting My Site Against the SSL Vulnerability in Debian GNU/Linux
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?