Android: Setting up Email
We know you're excited to get your email set up on your Android®. We should have your email working on your device in about 5 minutes. These steps work for most of our customers, but sometimes you might need to make some additional changes depending on where you live and which ISP(s) you use.
If you follow the steps below, and you can't receive or send email, please see Android: Troubleshooting Email for help.
BEFORE YOU START: To set up Android with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, go to the InfoCenter and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
NOTE: The steps to set up email on your Android device might be a little different depending on your make/model and your network provider. However, all the information you need to set up your account (username, password, server settings) is in these steps.
To Set up Email on Your Android-based Device
- Open your device's email application.
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts. Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- If you have IMAP, tap IMAP. If you're not sure, tap POP3.
- Use these settings for your incoming server, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Username Enter your full email address. Password Enter your email account password. POP3 server pop.secureserver.net Port 110 IMAP Username Enter your full email address. Password Enter your email account password. IMAP server imap.secureserver.net Port 143
- Use these settings for your outgoing server:
SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server) SMTP server smtpout.secureserver.net Port 80 Security type None
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct. Tap Next.
- Tap Next again. Name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
That's it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.
If you're not receiving email messages or you can't send messages, see Android: Troubleshooting Email. Don't worry. There are a few things that can happen during the setup process. We'll help you investigate and fix them.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?