Publishing Your Web Site with Dreamweaver CS4
After building your website with Adobe Dreamweaver®, you can publish it to your hosting account.
Publishing your website with Dreamweaver CS4 requires you to complete two tasks:
- Define a "Site" — Tells Dreamweaver where to find the files for your website on your computer and how to connect to your hosting account
- Put Your Files — Moves your "Site's" files from your computer to your hosting account, making them accessible to visitors going to your domain name in a Web browser
Publishing your Website with Dreamweaver® CS4
- From the Site menu, select Manage Sites...
- Click New, and then select FTP & RDS Server.
- Complete the following fields, and then click OK:
- Name — Enter a name for your Site.
- Access type — Select FTP.
- FTP host — Enter your domain name. For example, coolexample.com.
- Host directory — Enter your hosting account's directory. If the Site is for your primary domain name, type / or leave the field empty.
- Login — Enter your hosting account's user name. For more information, see Locating Your Hosting/FTP Login or User Name.
- Password — Enter your hosting account's password. For more information, see Changing Your Hosting Account Password (FTP Password) and Username.
- Select Use passive FTP.
- Select the files or folders you want to publish, and then click Put Files.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Dreamweaver is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems in the United States and/or other countries. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by Adobe or Adobe products. Adobe product screen shots reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Using Internet or Windows Explorer to Upload Your Site with Windows XP
Why would I need additional (File Transfer Protocol) FTP users?
Connecting to Your Shared Hosting Account with FTP-SSL
Using Windows Vista to Upload Your Site
I uploaded my files. Why isn't my website displaying?
Using Microsoft Expression Web to Upload Your Site
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?