Restoring a Linux Hosting Account
NOTE: Before you start, click here to see which version of the FTP File Manager is in your Control Panel. This help article applies to the Classic FTP File Manager. If you are using the New FTP File Manager, see Restoring a Linux Hosting Account
Hosting History is a feature in Linux shared hosting that allows you to restore files or directories to their previous state from up to 30 days ago using the FTP File Manager.
Restore a File or Directory
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Tools section, click FTP File Manager.
- Click the History button.
- Use the directory tree to navigate to where the file or folder resides that you want to restore.
- Below the toolbar, click the calendar icon to open the Quick Pick Calendar and select the date where you would like the file or folder restored. The directory list will refresh and display the version of your hosting account from the date selected.
- Click the check box next to the file or folder you want to restore and click Restore in the tool bar.
- In the Restore Files or Directories pop-in, select if you want the files to be copied to a new directory, or if you want to rename the files. When you're finished, click OK.
Your files will be restored with the attributes you selected.
NOTE: If the restore fails, it is likely that you are restoring too much content at the same time. Try restoring fewer files at once.
Restoring the following directories can cause errors:
[Apache Logs] and
Where can I find my customer number?
Moving Files Between Directories in the File Manager
Creating New Directories Using the FTP File Manager
Uploading Files Through Your Control Panel
Moving Directories Using the FTP File Manager
Changing Your Hosting Account (FTP/Panel) Password and Username