Installing and Configuring a Digital Certificate on Mac OS X Server 10.4
After your certificate request is approved, you can download your SSL and intermediate certificate from within the SSL application. For more information see Downloading Your SSL Certificate. Both of these files must be installed on your Web server.
To Install Intermediate CA Certificatea
Before installing your certificate, you need to complete the following procedure to install the intermediate CA certificate:
- Visit therepository.
- Download the intermediate certificate file.
- Launch the Keychain Access application (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access)
- If the button at the lower left of the Keychain Access window is labeled "Show Keychains" then click the button to show the Keychain list.
- Select the "System" keychain.
- Select File->Import. Navigate to and select the intermediate certificate file that you downloaded in step #2 above.
- Enter your password when prompted to authenticate to modify the keychain.
- Verify that the "Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority" appears in the list.
- Close the Keychain Access application.
To Install Your Certificate
Use the following procedure to install your server certificate onto your system:
- Launch the Server Admin tool and connect to the server where you want to install the certificate.
- Highlight the server node at the top of the tree in the Computers & Services pane.
- Select the Settings tab from the tab row at the bottom of the right pane. Select the Certificates tab from the tab row at the top of the right pane.
- Select the item representing the certificate you have requested and click the "pencil" button to edit that item.
- Click the Add Signed Certificate... button. Paste the text of your certificate into the field. Be sure to include the"-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" header and footer lines. Click OK.
- Click the Save button.
To Assign the Certificate to Your Services
After installing your certificate as well as the intermediate CA certificate, you can assign this certificate to the desired services (Web, Mail, iChat, Open Directory, etc.). In the appropriate settings pane for the desired service, select the certificate that you have just installed and then click the Save button.
Your SSL Certificate is installed. If you have problems, please see Using the SSL Installation Tool to help diagnose issues.
Installing an SSL in Courier IMAP
Requesting and Installing a Cisco Intercompany Media Engine Certificate
Generating a CSR and Installing an SSL Certificate on SonicWALL UTM Devices
Installing an SSL Certificate in F5 BIG-IP Loadbalancer
Installing and Configuring a Digital Certificate on Mac OS X Server 10.6
Installing an SSL Certificate - Lighttpd
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?