Generating a Renewal Certificate Signing Request for Microsoft IIS 5.x
When you request to renew your SSL certificate for a Microsoft IIS 5 Web server, you need to provide a new certificate signing request (CSR).
NOTE: For Windows NT 4.0, you must have at least Service Pack 4.0 or higher or Microsoft Internet Explorer® 5.0.
To Generate a Renewal CSR
- From the Start menu, go to Administrative Tools and click Internet Information Services Manager.
- Right-click the website or host name for your certificate.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Click Server Certificate.. The Web Server Certificate Wizard displays.
- Click Next.
- Select Renew the current certificate, and then click Next.
- Select Prepare the request now, but send it later, and then click Next.
- Enter a file name for the certificate request, and then click Browse to select a location to save the file.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK and close the Internet Information Services window.
Use the renewal CSR to complete the SSL certificate renewal request in your account. See Renewing Your SSL Certificate for more information.
After your request is vetted, and your certificate issued, download and install all files on your server. For help downloading your renewed certificate, see Downloading an SSL Certificate.For help installing your certificate, see Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft IIS 5.
Certificate Renewal Instructions
SSL Certificate Renewal - Tomcat 4.x/5.x/6.x
SSL Certificate Renewal - Cpanel WebHost Manager
SSL Certificate Renewal - Apache 1.3 / 2.x
SSL Certificate Renewal - Parallels Plesk Panel
Renewing a Cisco Intercompany Media Engine Certificate
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?