Mapping Your Domain Name to Squarespace
To configure Squarespace® to work with your domain name, you need to edit your www CNAME record and your @ A record. You can edit these zone file records using the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager.
To Map Your Domain Name to Squarespace
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Click the domain you want to use, and then select the DNS Zone File tab.
- Click Add Record.
- Select CNAME (Alias) for the Record type.
- In the Points to field, enter ext.squarespace.com.
- Click Save, and then click Save Changes.
- Go back to your domain name's Control Panel, click Settings, and then next to Forwarding click Manage.
- Click Add Forwarding, and then select http:// as your Forward to option.
- Add the www version of your domain in the Forward To area.
- Make sure the Redirect type is set to 301 (Permanent) and the Forward Settings is Forward only. Then click the Add button.
- Log in to your Squarespace site manager.
- Within the Site Manager, click Settings to access your Domains.
- Click the Link Existing Domain button to add the www version of your domain to your Squarespace site.
NOTE: It can take up to 48 hours for the Internet to reflect any DNS changes you make.
For more information, consult Squarespace's documentation.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Squarespace.
Updating Your Domain Name's IP Address for Forwarding
Managing a Domain Name's Subdomains
Forwarding or Masking Your Domain Name
Mapping Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
Configuring Your Domain Name to Work with Tumblr
Mapping Your Domain to Work with a WordPress.com Blog
Your message was successfully sent.