Mapping Your Domain Name to Squarespace
To configure Squarespace® to work with your domain name, you need to edit your www CNAME record and your @ A record. You can edit these zone file records using the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager.
To Map Your Domain Name to Squarespace
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the DNS menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
- For the domain name you want to use with your Squarespace account, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
- In the CNAME (Alias) section, click the www record.
- In the Points to field, enter ext.squarespace.com.
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK.
- Go back to your domain name's Control Panel, click Settings, and then next to Forwarding click Manage.
- Click Add Forwarding, and then select http:// as your Forward to option.
- Add the www version of your domain in the Forward To area.
- Make sure the Redirect type is set to 301 (Permanent) and the Forward Settings is Forward only. Then click the Add button.
- Log in to your Squarespace site manager.
- Within the Site Manager, click Settings to access your Domains.
- Click the Link Existing Domain button to add the www version of your domain to your Squarespace site.
NOTE: It can take up to 48 hours for the Internet to reflect any DNS changes you make.
For more information, consult Squarespace's documentation.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Squarespace.
Your message was successfully sent.