Mapping Your Domain Name to Squarespace
To configure Squarespace® to work with your domain name, you need to edit your www CNAME record and your @ A record. You can edit these zone file records using the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager.
To Map Your Domain Name to Squarespace
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the DNS menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
- For the domain name you want to use with your Squarespace account, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
- In the A (Host) section, click the @ record.
- In the Points To field, enter 220.127.116.11 (Squarespace 5) or 18.104.22.168 (Squarespace 6).
- In the CNAME (Alias) section, click the www record.
- In the Points to field, enter www.squarespace.com (Squarespace 5) or www.squarespace6.com (Squarespace 6).
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK.
- Log in to your Squarespace site manager.
- From the Custom Domain tab, click check setup.
NOTE: It can take up to 48 hours for the Internet to reflect any DNS changes you make.
For more information, consult Squarespace's documentation.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Squarespace.
Mapping Your Domain Name to Your Third-Party Website
Redirecting Traffic to Your CashParking Domain Names
Creating a Subdomain and Forwarding It to an IP Address
Mapping Your Domain Name to Your Ning Site
Managing a Domain Name's Forwarded Subdomains
Managing a Domain Name's Subdomains
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?