Configuring Your Domain Name to Work with Tumblr
You can establish a more professional identity for your Tumblr blog by pointing it to one of the domain names you registered through us. Instead of entering your Tumblr URL to view your blog, visitors enter your domain name's URL. For example, visitors could go to www.coolexample.com instead of coolexample.tumblr.com.
To Configure Your Domain Name to Work with Tumblr
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Click the domain you want to use, and then select the DNS Zone File tab.
- Click Add Record.
- Select A (Host) for the Record type.
- Click @.
- In the Points To field, type 184.108.40.206.
- Click Save, and then click Save Changes.
- Log in to your Tumblr account.
- Click the name of your blog at the top of the Dashboard.
- Click Settings.
- From the URL menu, select Use a custom domain name.
- Enter your domain name without the "http://www." For example, coolexample.com.
- Click Save Preferences.
It can take up to 48 hours for the domain name's settings to propagate.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Tumblr, Inc.
Your message was successfully sent.