Using Hosted Exchange Email with Microsoft Entourage
If you are using a Mac, you can use Microsoft® Entourage 2008® to connect to your Hosted Exchange Email.
Before continuing, you need to know which version of Exchange your mailbox uses. For more information, see Finding Your Hosted Exchange Email Version.
Exchange 2010 does not support Entourage. You, instead, need to use Outlook® 2011. For more information, see Downloading Outlook or Entourage for Hosted Exchange Email Accounts.
To Set Up Microsoft Entourage with Hosted Exchange Email
- Launch Entourage 2008.
- From the Entourage menu, select Account Settings.
- In the Accounts window, click New and then select Exchange.
- In the Account Setup Assistant window, click Configure Account Manually.
- In the Edit Account window, go to the Account Settings tab and complete the following:
- Account Name — Enter a name for your email account.
- Name — Enter your name as you want it to display when sending email messages.
- Email Address — Enter your email address as provided to you by your Email Administrator.
- Account ID — Enter your account ID. Your Account ID is listed in the Hosted Exchange Control Panel on the Mailbox page.
NOTE: The account ID does not include your full email address.
- Domain — For Entourage 2008, type ex1.secureserver.net. For Entourage 2010, type ex2.secureserver.net or ex3.secureserver.net.
- Password — Enter the password for your email address.
- Exchange Server — Type firstname.lastname@example.org. Where email@example.com is your email address.
- Select This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- In the Public Folder Server field, type mail.ex1.secureserver.net.
- Select This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL), and then click OK.
- Click Send/Receive to connect to your account and access your email messages.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Entourage® and Outlook 2007® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Setting up Your Hosted Exchange Email Address as POP or IMAP
Populating Distribution Lists in Outlook Exchange Email
Downloading Outlook or Entourage for Hosted Exchange Email Accounts
Using Hosted Exchange Email with Apple Mail
Setting up Hosted Exchange Email Using Outlook 2011 for Mac
Setting up Outlook 2010 & 2013 for Hosted Exchange Email