Integrating Search Engine Visibility with Website Builder
To establish site ranking, and determine how your site appears in search results, search engines look for meta tags, a robot.txt file, and a sitemap file. Search Engine Visibility helps you optimize this information to increase traffic and make your site easier to find.
Typically, you manually add this information to your site by editing and uploading files. If you use Website Builder, however, you can send the information you create in Search Engine Visibility directly to your website.
NOTE: To send Search Engine Visibility information to Website Builder, both products must be in the same customer account. We recommend you backup Website Builder before you send information from Search Engine Visibility. For more information, see Backing Up or Restoring Your Website.
To Send Search Engine Visibility Information to Website Builder
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Search Engine Visibility.
- Click Launch for the account you want to access.
CAUTION: You might have multiple Search Engine Visibility accounts for a single Website Builder domain. If you do, use the same Search Engine Visibility account when sending information to Website Builder. Otherwise, you might unknowingly overwrite meta tags, robot.txt, or your sitemap with incorrect information.
- From the Optimize menu, select any of the following:
- Optimize Tags
- Control Crawling
- Create Site Map
- On each page, complete the fields for the settings you want to export to Website Builder.
- At the bottom of each page, go to Get Tags, Get File, or Get Site Map and select Export to Website Builder or Send Site Map to Website Builder.
- Log in to your Website Builder account and follow the prompts to import the SEO information.
- Publish your site.
After importing the information, you can modify it. Launch the Page Designer, select the Page tab, and then go to the Properties icon.
Getting Started with Search Engine Visibility Online Advertising
How do I access my Web site's code to paste my new tags?
Adding Meta Tags to Your Website
How does Search Engine Visibility Online Advertising work?
Defining Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
What's the difference between robots.txt and Meta Tags?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?