Registering .fr Domain Names
Individuals, associations, and companies can register .fr domain names if they are located in France or use a trustee service (which we provide upon registration).
The .fr country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) is an extension that represents France. For companies that conduct business in France and individuals who want to reach the growing number of Internet users there, .fr domain names are a good investment. Registering a .fr domain name gives you regional recognition and an easy-to-manage Web presence.
Domain names can be up to 63 characters, with a minimum of three characters, and can contain letters (a to z), numbers (0 to 9), and hyphens (except as the first or last characters of the domain name). You cannot register domain names with special characters such as & and #. We support French IDNs (Internationalized Domain Names).
For more information, see About .fr Domain Names.
To Register .fr Domain Names
- On our Home page, in the Domain Name Search field, enter the domain name.
- Select .fr from the list.
- Click Go, and then proceed through the screens to complete your purchase.
- For individuals, a birthdate and country of birth are required. If your country of birth is France, you must also provide your birth city name and postal code.
- For associations located in France, you must provide one of the following:
- The Waldec ID
- The organization date, publication date, announcement number, and announcement page number of the official gazette.
- For companies, either a valid Trademark or SIREN/SIRET number is required.
- If you do not meet the residency requirements, we automatically charge you a trustee vendor fee of $29.99 per year. The trustee helps you meet the residency requirement and is a third-party vendor. If someone contacts the trustee with an issue regarding your domain name, the trustee contacts us, and then we contact you.
NOTE: Your newly registered domain name displays in the Domain Manager with a Pending Registration status. Please allow up to 48 hours for the registration to complete and for the domain name to display as Active in your account.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?