Registering .us Domain Names
The .us country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) is an extension that represents the United States. Individuals or organizations having a substantive connection to the United States can register .us domain names. To qualify for a .us domain name, you must be:
- A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions.
- An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or any of its possessions or territories.
- An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States.
For more information, see About .us Domain Names.
To Register .us Domain Names
- On our homepage, in the Domain Name Search area, enter the domain name.
- Select .us from the dropdown list.
- Click Go, and then proceed through the screens to Checkout and complete the purchase.
Domain names can be up to 63 characters, with a minimum of three characters, and can contain letters (a to z), numbers (0 to 9), and hyphens (except at the beginning or end of the domain name). You cannot register domain names with special characters such as & and #.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?