Uploading and Sharing Videos with Video.ME
With Video.ME™ you can upload and share videos, and let viewers embed your videos on websites or social networks.
Video.ME also lets you choose the level of privacy you apply to your videos, such as hiding the buttons that enable liking and sharing your videos when a viewer embeds them.
To find out what this service is all about, see What Is Video.ME?
When you upload a video with Video.ME, you can create a brief description of the video and assign privacy settings. Video.ME lets you upload multiple videos at once.
To Upload a Video
- Log in to your Video.ME account.
- Click Upload.
- Read the License Agreement, select I agree to these terms and condition, and then click Next.
- Click Add Video. The search window displays.
- Select the file you want, and then click Open. The upload summary displays.
NOTE: You can select multiple files at once. With most operating systems, you select multiple files by holding down the SHIFT key while you click the files you want.
- Select from these features:
- Display Video to everyone — Displays the video to anyone.
- Password-protect this video — Requires visitors to enter a password for the video in the Password field. The password you enter automatically populates the Password fields for each video you are uploading until you change it.
- Make this video private — Allows only you to view the video.
- Click Upload. An orange bar displays the progress of your upload.
NOTE: As you upload your video, watch the Space Used bar to see how much space you have left for the week.Continue the following steps while your video uploads.
- In the Title field, enter a title for your video.
- From the Channel or Album menu, select the channel or album where you want to display your video.
- To edit the video's details, click Edit Details under the Title field. The Edit Details screen displays.
- From the Video tab, enter values in these fields:
- Video name — The title of your video.
- Video description — What your video is about.
- Tags — Keywords related to your video.
- Privacy Settings — Visibility and password-protection.
- Organize Your Video — Select categories for your video.
- Choose a Thumbnail — Select a point in your video to display as a thumbnail.
- Allow comments — Lets viewers leave comments about your video. Unchecking this box prevents viewers from leaving comments.
- Allow video player to be embedded — Lets viewers embed the HTML code for your video on other websites. Unchecking this box prevents viewers from displaying your video on other websites.
- From the Embedded Player tab, choose whether to change the default settings on these options:
- Allow Like — Lets viewers Like your video and display the number of likes.
- Allow Sharing — Lets viewers share and display your video on other websites.
- Show # of Views — Displays how many times your video has been watched.
- Autoplay on open — Automatically plays your video once a viewer selects it.
- Loop video — Automatically replays your video once a viewer has finished watching it.
- Displays logo linking back to Video.ME — Links to the Video.ME home page.
- Display bar linking back to Video.ME — Links to the Video.ME home page.
NOTE: These settings only take effect if you allow viewers to embed your videos.
- Click Save.
- When your video finishes uploading, click Finish.
You can embed video content on your
NOTE: To enable video sharing, you must check Allow Sharing when you upload your video.
To Share a Video
- Log in to your Video.ME account.
- Click on the video you want to share. The video player displays.
- On the video player, click Share Video. The Share this video window displays.
- Click the network icon you want to use.
- If posting to a social network, enter your account user name and password when prompted. Your video displays in the social network.
- If embedding your video content, click Select code to copy and paste.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?