Creating Data Tables with Easy Database for Websites
Easy Database for Websites lets you organize and update data through data tables. You can use data tables for many kinds of information: menus, rosters, reservations, and more.
To Create a Data Table
- Log in to your Easy Database for Websites account.
- Go to the Data Tables tab.
- In the Create a new Table field, enter a name for the data table, and then click Add.
- From the Tables menu, click your new data table.
Now that you created your data table, you can manually enter data or import data from XLS (Microsoft Excel®), XLSX (Microsoft Excel® 2010), or CSV (comma separated value) files. For information about manually entering data, see To Manually Enter Data into Your Data Table below. For more information about importing data, see Importing Data into Data Tables with Easy Database for Websites.
To Manually Enter Data into Your Data Table
- Click Add Column.
- Complete the following fields, and then click OK:
- Name — Enter a name for the category of data. For example, if your data table represents your store's inventory, you could have columns for Item Name, Price, and Inventory.
- (Optional) Default Value — Enter a default value to be automatically entered for all rows beneath this column. For example, if most of your customers have the same ZIP code, entering it as the default value saves you time by automatically entering it for each row you add.
- Data Type — Select a format for the type of data the column represents:
- General — Select this option if the column uses text with or without numbers.
- Number — Select this option if the column only uses numbers. This also lets you sort columns by numeric value. For example, if you want a row with a value of 11 to be sorted as greater than a row with a value of 2, select this option. Specify Decimal places to set the number of decimal places where the last decimal place is rounded, or select Do not round.
- Currency — Select this option if the column uses currency. By default, Decimal places displays the standard decimal place for the specified currency.
- Date — Select this option if the column only uses dates.
- Hyperlink — Select this option if the column displays hyperlinks to websites when embedded on your website using widgets. Enter the website's URL when adding data to these fields. Select Yes if you want to use custom text or an image for the link.
NOTE: Selecting Yes adds an additional column with the same name followed by #Text. For example, if you add a column with the title Link, a column titled Link#Text is also added. Enter the URL in the Link column, and enter the custom text or image for the link in the Link#Text column.
- Photo — Select this option if you want the column to display images when embedded on your website using widgets. Use Firefox® to drag and drop the image from your desktop to the proper cell in the data table.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for each column you want to create.
- Click Add Row, and then complete the information for each column.
For more information about changing the default currency and date formats, see Setting Display Preferences in Easy Database for Websites.
After creating data tables, you can link them to your website using widgets. For more information, see Creating Data Widgets with Easy Database for Websites.
Does Easy Database for Websites protect my data?
Will my website work with Easy Database for Websites?
Enabling Email Notifications in Easy Database for Websites
Working with Columns in Easy Database for Websites
Using Lookup Tables in Easy Database for Websites
What is privacy in Easy Database for Websites?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?