Plesk Pack Features for Your Server
You can add the following features to your server running Parallels Plesk® Panel by adding Plesk Packs to your server.
Plesk Power Pack
Plesk Power Pack includes:
- Tomcat Support — Tomcat is the Servlet container that provides the environment for executing Java™ Servlets. The Tomcat software option supports deploying and managing Tomcat Web applications, allowing users to set up hosting with JSP support.
- Application Pack — The Application Pack is a completely customizable repository of Web site applications that give server administrators the ability to add, deploy, configure, and remove applications for any domain on the system. The Application Vault framework for such applications supports APS (http://www.apsstandard.com/), the new application standard.
- APS applications available for installation include: Noahs Classifieds (adverts) Community, Joomla!® Information Portal, TikiWiki Wiki, phpAdsNew/Openads 2.0 (adverts) Adverts, Moodle® (online learning) Online Learning, Mantis Customer Support, Serendipity Personal Portal (Linux only), SMF Forum, PHProjekt Productivity Tool, WebCalendar Groupware, Brim Personal Organizer, Post-Nuke Information Portal, MediaWiki® Wiki, phpMyVisites Statistic, E-GroupWare 1.2 Intranet Groupware, XOOPS® Portal, anyInventory Warehouse/Inventory Management (Linux only), Drupal® CMS, MyOrgBook Calendar, AdvancedPoll (Linux only), AutoIndex (Linux only), b2evolution (Linux only), bbclone, Coppermine (Linux only), CSLH (Linux only), DocFAQ (Linux only), DotNetNuke® (Windows only), fasttrack, gallery (Linux only), geeklog (Linux only), gtchat, Mambo, merchant, openbiblio (Linux only), osCommerce-2.2ms2, Owl (Linux only), phpBook, phpBugTracker (Linux only), phpDig (Linux only), phpMoney (Linux only), phpMyFamily (Linux only), phpsurveyor (Linux only), phpwebsite (Linux only), phpWiki (Linux only), pLog (Linux only), pmachinefree (Linux only), Siteframe (Linux only), Tellme® (Linux only), TUTOS (Linux only), Typo3® (Linux only), UebiMiau, WebShopmanager (Linux only), WordPress® (Linux only), xrms (Linux only)
- Pre-loaded applications also include (Available for Linux-based servers only): Mambo (content management system), PostNuke (CMS), osCommerce e-commerce software, phpBB (bulletin board), gallery (picture gallery), phpBook (guestbook), bbClone (counter), gtChat (chat engine), AdvancedPoll (poll system), AutoIndex (file statistics and file manager), b2evolution (blog), Coppermine (photo gallery), CSLH (customer support), DocFAQ (FAQ system), openbiblio (library ), Owl (knowledge base), phpAds (banner system), phpBugTracker (PHP clone of Bugzilla), phpDig (search engine), phpMoney (account management), phpMyFamily (genealogic tree), phpsurveyor (surveys creation tool), phpWiki (documentation management), pLog (blog), Tellme (network tools (whois, traceroute, etc.)), TUTOS (work process organization), typo (CMS), UebiMiau (Webmail), WebCalendar (calendar), WebShopmanager (online store creator), WordPress (publishing platform (blog), and xrms (customer relationship management)
- PostgreSQL Support — This software option enables users to deploy and manage PostgreSQL databases. When you purchase the PostgreSQL option, you get the Web-based database administration software PhpPGMyAdmin, giving you remote access to your PostgreSQL databases. Available for Linux-based servers only.
- MS SQL Support — This software option enables users to deploy and manage multiple MS SQL databases, locally or remote. Please note that the available Plesk module installs the Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) - the free desktop version of MS SQL. MS SQL Standard or Enterprise Edition requires a separate license from Microsoft. Thus, Plesk users that wish to use the MS SQL Standard or Enterprise Edition must install and license it themselves. Available for Windows®-based servers only.
- ColdFusion Support — Integrate with ColdFusion MX Server v5.x, v6.x and v7.x. ColdFusion is a tag-based, middleware programming language used chiefly for writing web-based applications. Support for ColdFusion can be turned on or off individually for each domain. Note that ColdFusion software and license must be installed separately.
- Multi-Level Help Desk — This system is designed to communicate, track, monitor and manage support issues for users at every level of the system. Organize all of your customers' support requests from a single centralized location.
- Language Packs — Plesk language packs allow users who speak different languages to be assigned to the same system. Once installed, the languages are pervasive and can be selected at every level of the Plesk control panel. Professional providers use the language packs to enable their customers to easily navigate the interface and view it in the language of their choice. Availability: One-language pack provided with all Plesk configurations. Plesk Pro Pack features support for a second language.
- Game Hosting — Game Server module allows users to set up game hosting and run virtually any game on their dedicated Linux servers. The module includes Counter-Strike® Game Server and Battlefield 2® Game Server.
- Kaspersky Antivirus — This software protects your server against viruses.
Getting Started with Your Linux Dedicated Server Using Parallels Plesk Panel 8.0
How do I View Messages in the Qmail Queue?
I upgraded Parallels Plesk Panel, why isn't my correct Parallels Plesk Panel license displaying?
Recovering Your Parallels Plesk Panel Password on a Linux Server
Setting up Users and Defining Roles in the Parallels Small Business Panel
Setting up Email Accounts in Parallels Plesk Panel
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?