Upgrading to Web Hosting from Shared Hosting
If you currently use a Shared hosting account, you can upgrade it for free to a Web Hosting account, which offers improved performance. For more information, see Web Hosting Frequently Asked Questions.
Before upgrading your hosting account, we recommend backing up any databases in your account. For more information, see Backing up and Restoring MySQL or MSSQL Databases.
NOTE: When migrating to a Web Hosting account, you cannot switch your hosting account's operating system. However, after the account migrates, you can switch it.
Web Hosting accounts display as Hosting - Web - (Plan) - (Operating System) in your account.
To Upgrade to Web Hosting
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Click Options or Upgrades next to the domain name you want to use.
- Go to the Customize tab.
- From the Plan menu, select the new Web Hosting plan you want to use.
- Click Save Changes.
- Complete any necessary purchases.
If the option to upgrade to 4GH Web Hosting is not available, confirm the options below:
- Are FrontPage Extensions® enabled? If so, you must disable them to upgrade. For more information, see Installing and Uninstalling FrontPage Extensions.
- Does the account have any Access databases? If so, you must remove them from the account to upgrade. For more information, see Removing Databases from Your Hosting Account.
- Are there any MSSQL 2005 Databases setup currently? If so, you need to update these to upgrade. For more information, see Upgrading a MySQL or MSSQL Database.
- Is the account using IIS6? If so, it must be upgraded to IIS7 before upgrading. For more information, see, Upgrading Your Windows Hosting Account to IIS 7.
- Is SSH enabled? If it's not, enabling it can migrate your account to a 4GH-compatible account. For more information, see Enabling SSH on Your Linux Shared Hosting Account.
Finding Your PHP Version with Linux Hosting or Dedicated Servers
What is a web.config file?
Windows Hosting PHP Support
Which permissions can my Linux hosting account use?
Which form mailers can I use with my Windows hosting account?
How Can I Redirect an iTunes RSS Feed to Another Location?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?