Mapping Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
You can establish a more professional identity for your Wix site by pointing it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your Wix URL to view your site, visitors can enter your domain name. For example, you can point your www.wix.com/username/documentname site to your domain name.
To Map Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Click the domain you want to use, and then select the DNS Zone File tab.
- Click Add Record, and then select A (Host).
- In the A (Host) section, click the @ record to edit it.
- In the Points To field, delete the existing IP address, and then type 184.108.40.206.
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK.
- Log in to your Wix account.
- Click My Account.
- Click Manage Premium, and then click Domains.
- In the Add & Connect Domains section, click Already have a domain?
- In the Pointing section, click Next.
- In the Domain Name field, enter your domain name (without the www), and then click Continue.
- In the Connect Your Wix Site section, select the Wix document you want to connect to your domain name.
- Click Save, and then click Done.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain name's settings to propagate.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Wix.com, Inc. See Wix instructions here.
Your message was successfully sent.