Mapping Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
You can establish a more professional identity for your Wix site by pointing it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your Wix URL to view your site, visitors can enter your domain name. For example, you can point your www.wix.com/username/documentname site to your domain name.
To Map Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Click the domain you want to use, and then select the DNS Zone File tab.
- In the DNS Zone File, click Add Record.
- From the Record type list, select A (Host).
- Complete the following fields:
- Host Name — Enter the host name the A record links to. Type @ to point the record directly to your domain name, including the www.
- Points to IP Address — Enter 188.8.131.52 for this host record.
- TTL — Select how long the server should cache the information.
- Click Save, and then click Save Changes. The new A record displays in the A (Host) section.
- Log in to your Wix account.
- Click My Account.
- Click Manage Premium, and then click Domains.
- In the Add & Connect Domains section, click Already have a domain?
- In the Pointing section, click Next.
- In the Domain Name field, enter your domain name (without the www), and then click Continue.
- In the Connect Your Wix Site section, select the Wix document you want to connect to your domain name.
- Click Save, and then click Done.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain name's settings to propagate.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Wix.com, Inc. See Wix instructions here.