How does Search Engine Visibility help me optimize my site?
Search Engine Visibility is an Internet-based search engine optimization and submission tool that guides users to optimize their website. Search Engine Visibility shows users how to improve internal and external aspects of their website. Doing this increases the visibility of the website in search engines via the "natural," or unpaid, search results.
Search engines rely on proprietary ranking algorithms and use that technology to look for various elements of the Web page, their organization, page content and how popular the Web page is. The absence of certain attributes, or the over-prevalence of other attributes, can seriously impact your ranking success. Search Engine Visibility shows you which site elements are particularly important to the various engines and helps you position your website for those engines' ranking criteria.
Search Engine Visibility helps you analyze, optimize, and submit your Web page(s) to key Internet search engines and directories.
With Search Engine Visibility, you can:
- Crawl your site to discover all the pages on your site, just like a search engine does.
- Create rules files (robots.txt) for search engines to follow, create a sitemap of your site and submit it to major search engines with a single click of a button.
- Access more than 500 other search engines along with information about local submission and online marketing tools.
- Choose relevant keywords for each page based on content-analysis of your page and popular search terms.
- Check your site against more than 25 known guidelines that major search engines look at when reviewing your site for listing. Search Engine Visibility then displays any issues, and then offers suggestions to fix the errors.
- Analyze results with reports that give you answers. These reports include:
- Link Popularity — gauges the crucial number of inbound links to your Web page.
- List Checking — verifies that your Web page is listed with the Internet's leading search engines and directories.
- Alexa/Google Rank — assess the importance and performance of your Web page as seen by top search engines Alexa® and Google®.
- Competitor Rank — compares how AltaVista® and Bing® search engines rank you and a chosen competitor on particular keywords.
- Keyword Ranking — reports your current ranking on some of the search engines for specific keyword searches.
Search Engine Visibility recommends best-practice actions for keywords, submission, sitemaps, robot.txt files, and meta content. To get the most out of the tool you need to implement the suggested actions on your site.
Search Engine Visibility cannot do the following with your site:
Log in to your hosting account and make changes to your website. This is a manual process that requires log in information that Search Engine Visibility cannot access.
NOTE: Search Engine Visibility integrates with Website Builder. If you're using Search Engine Visibility with Website Builder you can import the meta tags and robots.txt file directly from Search Engine Visibility.
See Getting Familiar with Search Engine Visibility for more information.
Getting Started with Search Engine Visibility Online Advertising
How do I access my Web site's code to paste my new tags?
Adding Meta Tags to Your Website
How does Search Engine Visibility Online Advertising work?
Defining Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
What's the difference between robots.txt and Meta Tags?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?