Adding Facebook Social Plugins to Website Builder
NOTE: This article is for Website Builder version 6. Your version displays at the top of the screen when you log in to your Website Builder account. Not using version 6? Search for Website Builder version 7 articles.
Website Builder lets you add Facebook® Social Plugins to content blocks in your Web pages for more visitor interaction. At the Facebook Developers website, you can customize your own Social Plugins, such as a Like button or an Activity Feed, which shows your Website Builder visitors what their Facebook friends are doing.
You can add Social Plugins by pasting the iframe or XFBML code from the Facebook Developers website into the HTML field of the content block where you want to display the Social Plugin.
To Add Facebook Social Plugins to Website Builder
- Go to the Facebook Developers Social Plugins Web page.
- From the Social Plugins list, click the Social Plugin you want to display. That Social Plugin's page displays.
- Enter values in the fields, and then click Get Code. The plugin code window displays.
- In a new browser window, log in to your Website Builder account.
- From the Design drop-down menu, click Launch Page Designer. Your website displays in the page designer.
- From the Page drop-down menu, select the page where you want to display the Social Plugin.
- Click the block where you want to display the Social Plugin. Blocks are outlined in blue.
- Click HTML. The Edit HTML window displays.
- Back on the the Facebook Developers Social Plugins Web page, from the HTML5, XFBML, IFRAME, or URL tab (depending on your needs), copy each section of code and paste it in your Website Builder Edit HTML window where directed.
NOTE: Some options have only one code section to copy and paste.
- Click OK.
- Re-publish your website to display the Social Plugin on your Web page.
Your message was successfully sent.