Accessing Your Virtual Private Server Using Remote Desktop Connection
If you choose not to use the Parallels Plesk Panel to manage your Windows Virtual Private Server (VPS), you can use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to access and manage your Virtual Private Server (VPS).
To Access Your Virtual Private Server (VPS) Using Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows XP — From the Start menu, select All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Remote Desktop Connection.
- Windows 7 — From the Start Menu, select All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows 8 — From the Charm Menu, select Search > type in Remote > click Remote Desktop Connection
- Enter the IP address for your server.
NOTE: You can find your IP address in your VPS Control Panel.
- Enter your user name and password:
- User Name
- Use the User ID you defined when you set up your account.
- As defined during account setup.
Logging in to Your Windows Virtual Private Server
Accessing Parallels Plesk Panel on Your Server
Accessing Your Windows Server Using Remote Desktop Connection
Changing Your Session Timeout on Windows Virtual Private Servers
What is the default session time-out on my Windows Virtual Private Server?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?