Registering Your Own Nameservers/Hosts
If you need to create nameservers for your domain name, you can register your own hosts using these instructions. You can enter up to 13 hosts, depending on the maximum number of hosts the top-level domain name (TLD) registry allows.
WARNING: This feature is intended for advanced users. Follow instructions carefully if you are not familiar with the feature.
To Register Your Own Domain Hosts
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Click the domain name you want to use to register as your own nameserver.
- In the Settings tab, click Manage next to Host Names.
- Click Add Hostname.
- Enter the hostname you want to register.
- Enter the two unique IP addresses you want to add to the host. Nameservers need to be set to the same IP address you've set up for your domain.
- Click Add.
If you use our nameservers, we update your domain name's zone file to include the required subdomain A host records supporting the new domain hosts. If you use custom nameservers, your hosting provider must add these records for you.
It takes 4 to 8 hours to register hosts for .COM and .NET domain names and 24 to 48 hours for all other domain name extensions.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?